F&F #62 sports another hand-carved meta stamp & postcard by local mail artist Britta Jarvis, who gave this Postcard its first taste of things to come on a visit to F&F Central last week (during which the featured stamp was carved). I held onto this Postcard while I was working on a new batch of TangleStamps, as seen in the slightly misplaced second addition to the card. F&F #62 is now back en route to Britta here in Derby (UK) before it re-launches into the world at large… (Tracking details)
Local mail artist Britta Jarvis happened to be visiting F&F Central on the day F&F #59 arrived home from its little sojourn in France, so she took the opportunity to make her mark. Her hand-carved meta stamp was actually carved on the day, right here in the F&F offices, as was the postmark. F&F #59 also marks the debut of the very latest TangleStamp design. Next stop Pennsylvania (USA). (Tracking details)
F&F #55 has received its first addition, from Vizma Bruns of Waitpinga (Australia). Next stop for this Postcard is Victoria (also Australia)… (Tracking details)
F&F #25 began its journey passed on to a local friend, here in Derby (UK). It continued eluding the postal system as it acquired 4 new artistamps and was then returned to me, once again passed on by hand (it appeared in my pigeon hole at work; however, I think it unlikely that carrier pigeons were in any way involved…). Today, F&F #25 will meet the Royal Mail for the first time as it sets off to visit Cheetarah Cheda in Leiden (the Netherlands). Tracking details.
F&F #25 is only the third F&F Postcard from Version 2 – so far – to have acquired a TangleStamp with TangleMail postmark (the Local Post of Tangledom being the starting point for my own forays into faux postage). This one is printed on lick & stick paper, and hand-perforated with a pattern wheel.
In December 2013:
- 3 Friends & Faux Postcards were sent out (from an overall total of 56) – including one to replace FF#40, currently MIA
- They have travelled to 2 different countries – Australia & USA
- 3 Postcards have been allocated to December winners of the Lucky Draw and will be sent out within the next 7 days – this month winners were from the USA, Canada and France
- 10 Travelogs have been posted (including story-so-far photos)
- 1 more Postcard has arrived home! F&F #3 – which postcard will return home next…?
If a Friends & Faux Postcard passes through your hands, please submit a tracking form to help us track where it has been & where it is going next!